Monday, September 12, 2011

Blogging Comments


Hi, Class!

As you most likely already know, an important part of the blogging experience is the commenting part. While it is a requirement that every week you post comments on different blogs, my sincere hope is that you come to view this less like a "homework assignment" and more like a real chance to interact with your classmates, and yes, me, in a different and hopefully fun way. It's my hope that we all learn a lot more about and from each other. 

That said, I figured it would be a good idea to give you some guidelines/tips on how to be a good, make that, great, poster. I found these tips on a blog I happen to follow and am reposting a slightly modified version for you.


How to Comment on a Blog Post

The purpose of commenting on a blog is to start a conversation based on a blog post.  It is a relationship that is created between the poster and the commenter.  Posting on a fellow classmate’s blog is like having a conversation with them in person.  When commenting on a blog post, you should ask yourself if you would say what you wrote on their blog to them face to face…if the answer to that question is no, you should rethink your comment.

1. Write your comment like a letter by including a greeting, content and a closing. 

2. Always use correct spelling, punctuation, grammar and spacing. 

3. Compliment the writer in a specific way, ask a question or add new information. 

4. Write a relevant comment that is related to the post. 

5. Do not just leave a comment like, “Cool post” or “I like ur blog”.  These comments are not conversation catalysts. 

6. If you have a differing opinion than those of the poster, be positive in your delivery of your comment.  You can say things like, “I appreciate your post, and you made some good points, but I think….” or “I enjoyed reading your post about school uniforms.  I can see why many parents and students would like uniforms, but I like to express myself through my clothing….” 

7. Always read over the comment and edit before submitting. If you make a mistake, correct it as soon as possible. You also reserve the right to edit or even delete your posts and try again. If you think your post has been misinterpreted, post a clarification and attempt to explain your comments more clearly but always remember to be respectful and demonstrate decorum. 

Your words represent you.... 

Happy commenting!!! ☺

Source:
Palevich, Megan, and Kathleen McGeady. "Fostering Thinking, Creativity, and Digital Citizenship Through Blogging." Web log post. Middle School 101. Edublogs.org, 17 Oct. 2010. Web. 19 May 2011. <http://middleschool101.edublogs.org/2010/10/17/fostering-thinking-creativity-and-digital-citizenship-through-blogging/>.

5 comments:

Chris reading notebook said...

Ms Deu I liked your picture and the blog because it was very easy to understand.

Leslie Davis =D said...

Hi Ms.Deu! I read your blog(s)and this one was the most helpful. This is my first time really using blogger.com let alone commenting on one. I understand it much better now and hope to be blogging away!

Leon Taki-Officer said...

Hi, this post is certainly going to help me comment in the future. It has definitely helped me for future comments. Thanks!

Stefani Agathangelou said...

Hello Ms.Deu, Thank you for writing this blog it will surely help me in the future. Good luck on your blogs everybody! :)

Anna Psalti said...

I think it is a beach in Mexico called Playa Escondida. :)I watched a movie and the place in the mivie looked like this.